When: Thursday 30 March 2023
Time: 6pm for a 6.30pm start, finishing at 9pm. Tea served at 6.30pm.
Where: Cambrai Sports Ground
No charge, but registrations are essential for catering. REGISTER ONLINE
The meeting will feature:
Ben White … Managing your investment in machinery and on-farm grain storage
Ben White, Kondinin Group research manager, based in WA, will outline practical actions for graingrowers considering their future investment in machinery and on-farm grain storage.
Ben is part of the GRDC’s Stored Grain Extension Team and delivers training on best practice storage, to ensure every grower has access to information to help select and use the most appropriate storage options for their business.
He recently completed a GRDC-funded project which investigated machinery investment and replacement costs and options to support growers to make more informed purchasing decisions.
Ben will speak on:
- Determining your level of investment using a new benchmarking formula, the Machinery Investment Ratio.
- Understanding your own machinery investment compared with your peers and industry benchmarks.
- Practical examples of how other LRZ farmers are prioritising budgeted funds into machinery investment.
- The latest in on-farm storage, decision-making on new investment and preserving seed quality for better quality.
The final result … Murray Plains Farmers trial updates
- Brendan Kupke, SARDI, will update results of the ‘Optimal flowering period for wheat and barley’ trial, located on Quast Road, Punthari.
- Ryan Laidlaw, AgXtra, will update results of the ‘Improving canola establishment in dry conditions’ trial and ‘Pasture legume choices, establishment and persistence for the Murray Plains’ trial, both on Western Bounday Road, Palmer.
The meeting will be facilitated by Tony Craddock, Pinion Advisory. He will generate discussion on reviewing the season, what worked and what didn’t, as well as focusing on the season ahead. Pinion will also provide economic analysis of the results of the canola establishment trial.