WHEN: Friday 22 September 2023
TIME: 8.45am for 9am start
WHERE: Starting at first trial site listed in program below
RSVPs are essential for biosecurity/traceability and catering.
Please register your attendance: https://SpringCropWalk2023.eventbrite.com.au.
Tony Craddock, Pinion Advisory, will facilitate discussion on the day between growers and researchers at the following trial locations:
Site 1: 8.45am for 9am start
- Trial – Establishing canola in dry conditions, funded by the SA Drought Hub, including discussion on growers’ approaches to canola this year.
- Speaker – Ryan Laidlaw, AgXtra
- Location – Jack Schulz’s on Pine Hut Road. View on Google Maps
Site 2: 10.15am
- Trial – Optimal flowering period for wheat and barley (time of sowing trial), funded by the SA Grain Industry Trust
- Speaker – Brendan Kupke, SARDI
- Location – Scott and Zoe Starkey’s on Ridley Road. View on Google Maps
Site 3: 11.30pm
- Trial – Lentil and pea time of sowing and soil type influences, funded by the SA Drought Hub, including discussion on lentil agronomy.
- Speaker – Marni Griffiths, SA Drought Hub Extension Officer – Trainee, SARDI
- Location – Steen and Deanna Paech’s on Wachtel Road. View on Google Maps
- Thanks to Ronco Motors
- Speaker – Ashley Lukey, Ronco Motors, with a Seed Terminator demonstration
- Location – Palmer Pavilion at Collier Park. View on Google Maps
Site 4: 2pm
- Trial – National Variety Trial, funded by GRDC. Trial visit will also review nitrogen application and risk management at this point in the season.
- Speakers – Brendan Kupke, SARDI and Tony Craddock, Pinion
- Location – Steen and Deanna Paech’s on Randell Road. View on Google Maps
With special thanks to our crop walk supporters:
– Trial partners: GRDC, SAGIT and the SA Drought Hub
– Gold sponsor: Coopers of Mount Pleasant
– Lunch sponsor: Ronco Motors
For more information on these trial sites, read the Crop Walk Update